melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Wednesday, 8 July 2015, 17:19
Day 10

Trained for the third day in a row (go me!). I don't usually do this - ideally it'd be 2/1/2/2 for training on/off. However i'll be working on Friday morning and I never workout in the afternoon/at night.

Workout
Warm up
400m row
10 pvc goodmornings
10 negative rope climbs
3x5 15 kg bear complex {power clean > front squat > press > back squat > press}

As many reps as possible in 14 minutes
[5x]3 negative rope climbs
[4x]4 15 kg bear complex
[4x]25 single skips

Today's workout wasn't too bad; though my mentality was terrible. I didn't believe I could perform the negative rope climbs, where eventually i'll be able to do actual rope climbs! And I was reluctant on skipping. I hate skipping. It could be because i'm bad at it or I just hate the movement but either way I did the skipping! Hopefully I don't die in tomorrow's workout (4th day in a row).
---

Tagged along with my friend Thomas who was on his way to Garie Beach in the Royal National Park for a little hike. Okay, the hike wasn't so little...


The hike was filled with over-extended trees, mud trails and loose rocks. Where also for the first half of the trip, we were walking through the rain and winds. I was not expecting that trek at all but it was definitely worth the scratches and dirty hands!


There are two features that I look for when planning a hike: 1) waterfalls and 2) cliffs. I think I very much enjoy cliff hunting over waterfalls now because of the heights/fear aspect to it all. I love it when I can feel my blood running through my body, my heart pumping faster and the fact that our lives could be ended so easily by one wrong footing over the edge of the cliff... Life is just so precious. And i'm learning to love it more every day.


There's something about cliffs that I love...


If you sit over the edge of a cliff, place your hands in prayer, close your eyes and just focus on your breath and the wind - you will feel absolute bliss in that moment. I'm obsessed with this feeling of freedom, of letting go, of living life in nature (and not behind a computer screen which is where I usually am for most of my days)!

The walk back was less cardio intense since we were walking down hills but the obstacles did not ease up in any way! The rocks were slippery and the mud was still... well, muddy. I slipped down the edge of the pathway and grabbed a tree branch due to reaction. That branch scratched my neck and my shoe got stuck in the mud. When I lifted my foot, my shoe came off! It's okay - I got my shoe back; mud, dirt, leaves and all!
--

Finishing my night off with watching the State of Origin with a few friends and pizza. Up the Blues!~ (i'm not actually a football fan)...

Labels: