melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Thursday, 9 July 2015, 17:35
Day 11

I went to sleep late last night (watching the State of Origin - NSW lost to QLD.. sad days) and didn't have the energy to wake up at 6 to workout in the morning. I then put on Hungry For Change, a documentary about our food choices and how it affects our health, to watch whilst eating breakfast and accidentally missed my yoga class - opps! In result, today was an unplanned rest day.

I took a few friends to Newtown for some vegan noms! We initially dropped by Sadhana Kitchen but the joint was PACKED. No free seats anymore and no one looked like they were leaving any time soon... So instead we walked 10 minutes to Lentils As Anything (A non for profit restaurant where you pay as much as you feel your meal was worth and is run by volunteers). I forgot the name to my meal but it tasted like satay tofu. It was SO SO SO good. I love Lentils - it such a lovely place to eat! The volunteers are super friendly and even the customers are lovely to have a chat with :)


The photo's quality looks quite grainy because there is no lighting used in the restaurant. We were pretty much eating in the dark - but I loved it. It gives off a great cosy atmosphere and it also gives the impression of no judgements or standards to follow (the food is top notch though. They cook and present the food amazingly. Not fine dining style but hipster worthy). I can't wait to come back here!


And as always after a yummy meal, I seal the deal with dessert and today it was at Gelato Blue (again). I got the cinnamon donut sundae with vegan raspberry cheesecake gelato ($9.50). I like this better than the cinnabun (that I had in day 3).


The waffles looked pretty good too however i'm not entirely sure if they're vegan... Khiem loves their waffles. His fave combo is with the mango gelato however mangoes aren't currently in season so he opted for the strawberry ($8.50). 

---

Played oz-tag (weekly game) tonight and my team lost... I feel like I underperformed more than usual tonight - I feel quite sad about it. The score ended in 5-8, where I personally could have prevented 2 points. A girl pretended to pass the ball AND I GOT TRICKED. She then ran that gap and scored. Sigh. HUGE SIGH. Anyways that game's done now and i'll definitely be more focused next week! Time to play a couple games of LoL (Khiem why do you take so long to get online!!) then turn in for some zzz's. 

Labels: