melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 20:59
Day 21 + 22

Monday
Every morning that I plan to workout, I tell myself "I can go right back to sleep after" and that usually gets me out - I rarely ever crawl back into bed though.

Workout
6 minute EMOM 
5x5 15kg thrusters
5x5 burpees

60 seconds AMRAP
1. [5x] 15kg thrusters
2. [10x] burpees

Within 8 minutes
The amount of reps increase for every set.
Reps: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12...
15kg thrusters
Ring pull ups
* I got up to 10 + 4 thrusters!

---

I had to get my serviced and good lord, did it take forever... It wasn't the actual servicing itself that took long but the waiting. My appointment was at 10AM so that's when I brought it my car in but it wasn't serviced until 2PM... I spent those 4 hours mindlessly wandering the shopping centre and area. I'm not the shopping kind of person so I didn't actually browse through shops and the only thing I bought was lunch - which was, by the way, vegan indian curries on long white basmati rice. The rice was light and fluffy but I wish the curries had more spice to it (they did have it labelled as 'mild' though lol).

When I got home at 4:30PM, I decided to have an early dinner as I was starting to develop a really bad headache and was hoping to turn into bed early - maybe 8PM. I ate 9 vegetable rice paper rolls with a peanut dipping sauce (my fave meal!), a small Mc Donald fries (Yeah I know.. it's totally bad but I was still a little peckish and it was just sitting on the table) and a wholemeal toast with Nutella and blueberries.

Nutella is my weakness. I can live without it if no one in my house buys it. But if I see it sitting in my pantry, I will eat it. All of it.

---

Tuesday
Opps, I forgot to publish my day 21 post so i'll just mash the two days together.

Workout
Warm up 
Foam roll quads and lats
Basic movements using a pvc pipe to practice form

Strength- a set every 90 seconds
Clean complex: power clean > hang power clean > push jerk
2x15kg clean complex
6x20kg clean complex

4 round- 3 minute cap + 2 minute rest
400 run: 1'53, 2'15, 2'30, 2'26
Max 20kg clean and jerk: 4, 3, 2, 3

In this workout, I really died after the first 400m run. However yes the cardio is hard but in time and with practice, I will be running faster (...hopefully)!

When I got home, I changed back into my pjs and snuggled back into my soft bed and laid in the sun for a good 30 minutes. I totally binged on nutella and toast for lunch... I was really craving it and I didn't want to force myself to not eat it because then i'd feel as if i'm /restricting/ and restriction is something i'm trying to not go for. How to find balance in balanced eating? The rest of the day was less interesting, just marking my students' homework, lunch, work then sleep!

It's active rest day tomorrow and i'm totally craving mocha oatmeal with fresh papaya for brekky. I'm hoping to walk the Bondi to Bronte/Coogee track and take some scenic shots, absorb in nature and the fresh morning air and to spend some time with Khiem - because I have barely seen him all break. Tomorrow is something to look forward to :)