melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Friday, 24 July 2015, 17:40
Day 25

Surprisingly, I got out of bed quite energetically this morning - it might have been due to the dormant sugar-rush that I stored from finishing a giant block of fruit and nut chocolate.

Workout
Warm up
Foam rolled my quads (it felt amazing)
400m row
10 8kg kettlebell sumo deadlifts
10 8kg goblet squats
10 8kg kettlebell swings
5 15kg push press

Strength - 6 minute EMOM 
6x5 17.5kg push press

For Time 
Goal: 150 kettlebell swings and for every time the KB is dropped, perform 20 jumping lunges.
25 8kg KBS
20 jumping lunges
10 8kg KBS
10 jumping lunges
13 8kg KBS
17 jumping lunges
20x4 6kg KBS
20x4 jumping lunges
17 6kg KBS
*I just realised that I calculated wrong and was 5 short of the kettlebell swings... opps! And yeh I coudn't finish some of the lunges - it became so hard to catch my breath. Good lord, I was pooped by the end of the workout.

If the others weren't cheering me on, pushing me to keep going and counting the reps down for me, I probably wouldn't have gotten this far. I'm grateful for all the support that I received from those around me.

---

After a couple hours of watching YouTube videos and sitting on my butt, I thought 'Why don't I just walk on the treadmill AND watch these videos?" And it's what I did for about 25 minutes at 4-4.5km/h. I feel as if that workout of somewhat had no effect on me - I could have been walking too slowly - but I figured that it was a 100% better choice than being sedentary.

Lunch was banana "nicecream", which is essentially just blended frozen bananas. My Vitamix is a GOD at making this. The texture is amazing. One little problem occurred today... I had my blending settings on low and had the stick bashing into the frozen nanas to help them blend, but I pushed down too deeply and the blades cut the plastic and little pieces were integrated into my frozen creation. My mom's going to be mad - help!

Hopefully the pieces go right through my digestive track and no problems arise.

Fingers crossed.