melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Wednesday, 29 July 2015, 17:00
Day 29/30

Tuesday
Workout
Every 90 seconds
Complex off the cage: 2 front squat and 1 jerk
4x1 20kg complex
3x1 22.5kg complex
1x1 25kg complex

12 minute running clock
8 20kg clean jerk
8 box jumps
6 22.5kg clean jerk
8 box jumps
3 22.5kg clean jerk (I attempted 25kg for this but I couldn't clean properly so I dropped the weight back down lol)

Wednesday (ACTIVE REST DAY)
Okay so I was thinking that I should just do a weekly blog post thing BUT my workouts will all be clumped into one post and the true intention of this blog is to be a collection of my workouts from when I first started crossfit/weight lifting so it can be used for comparison in the later days. So I was thinking maybe not.

Some may be pondering over the idea of why some people may pursue active rest days and just plain ol' rest days. Essentially they are the same thing but I like to differentiate the two by their minor ideals. An 'active rest day' for me is when i'm not doing crossfit but am still completing some sort of movement in the day such as yoga, brisk/long walks or even a 15 minute HIIT. These days are usually fit into my timetable on Wednesdays and Saturdays. A 'complete rest day' or just a 'rest day' to me is when one does not do any form of physical activity, it's purely just carrying on with your day without the intensity of increased blood pumps. It's also be known as a lazy day where therefore usually falls on Sundays for me.

Today I attended a *reset and align* yoga class where the intention is to relax and redirect your focus inwardly and then outwardly. It's to calm the mind which then calms the body which then calms the soul - because we all need to every now and then otherwise we'd be radiated crazy levels of stress and cluttered thoughts. However I do always feel a bit 'fluffier' on these rest days...

After I prepared my lunch/dinner meals for the next couple of days. I didn't really measure anything for this, it was sort of a 'whatever amount fits into my box' kind of measurement.


Ingredients list:
375g (dry) lentil and rice spiral pasta
2 handfuls of rocket lettuce
3 handfuls of grated carrot
1 can of cherry tomatoes
1 bottle of (tomato, garlic and chilli) pasta sauce
1 handful of baby peas
1 handful of corn kernels
Parsley and dried basil to garnish

This made about 5 servings (and one of my servings is more than average!). So that'd last me 3 dinners (W/Th/F) and 2 lunches (Th/F) - sweeeet!

**** It has been 1 month since starting crossfit! I started the 'sport' halfheartedly but I grew to enjoy (and maybe even love) it. It has shown me that i'm stronger than I think but true strength is not something you're born with, it's something developed. I know, it sounds silly but i'm serious... I used to go about workouts thinking "oh I can't lift 15kg, my body was not built to so I just won't". I'm still saying that "I can't" do many things but i'm a work in progress! And soon enough, i'll be challenging myself with weights that seem out of my league.

Labels: ,