melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Wednesday, 1 July 2015, 17:58
Day 3: Rest Day ...or Treat Day?

The initial plan was to go for a morning 45 minute walk on the elliptical but when I woke up... my legs just did not want to move. So instead, I listened to my body rather than the pencil-written schedule that I created for myself, skipped cardio and stayed in bed for an extra half an hour.

I most likely would have stayed in bed for longer if my hunger had not been present. I made myself chocolate protein pancakes topped with 1/4 of a red papaya, a few strawberries and maple syrup. Been so sore, I made a huge mess and it was torment having to bend down to pick up all the things i've spilled or dropped. I was extra clumsy this morning.


Recipe: 1c oat flour, 1c almond milk, 2 small bananas (though using 1 banana could work fine aswell because my batter was super thick) and the 30g of Bulk Nutrient's chocolate earth protein that I received in my GoodnessMe box. The pancakes had a nice chocolate-y taste from the protein power and the texture was fab; fluffy and moist - just how pancakes should be. Also don't mind the watermark... just experimenting with the idea.

I had a huge vegan feed at Bodhi - an amazing vegan yum cha restaurant - for the main lunch attraction and finished off with something sweet from Gelato Blue.

Bodhi at the park: ^ this + many more dishes. Total: $94.50 for 4 people.


Gelato Blue: A caramel cinnabun topped with a dark chocolate ganache filled with sour cherry almond gelato. Total $10.50.

Currently at home, waiting for my mom to cook something amazing (as always!) for dinner and will end my night, on the grounds of Summoner's Rift (League of Legends). I'm also trying to beat my time in completing the Rubik's Cube. I'm at 1 minute and 40 seconds. Trying to get it under a minute and a half by tonight!

Labels: , ,