melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Thursday, 2 July 2015, 18:05
Day 4

I'm pretty disappointed in myself about today's workout this morning. Learning something new that's complex does not sit with me well and I know that I always give up early when I don't instantly get how to perform these new moves.

Warm up
400m row
A few shoulder/leg stretches

In my own time
10 x snatch complex; 2 high pulls + snatch + overhead squat. I performed these without a barbell. I used a weighted pipe, it was probably a few kilos tbh. I was told to focus on my form before moving onto strength.

Tabata 20/10
Hollow rocks. I did not try at all with this one... To perform this move, all you have to do is lay on your back, raise your legs and shoulders just above the ground. Sounds simple right? But I could not lift my shoulders. Up until this day, I didn't think my core was that bad. I was so wrong.

In 15 minutes
800m run (I was only able to jog about 400m... walked the rest. I'm so unfit in all aspects)
10 x overhead squat with a 15kg barbell (my form was poor and I had already given up in the workout at this point).
20 burpees over bar

+ 30 minutes yoga stretch session

At the end of the day, I wish I tried harder but I know that during the time, I felt as if I just could not do it. My mind was challenged and I gave up. However, you know what they say: tomorrow is a new day.