melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Friday, 3 July 2015, 16:22
Day 5: Fri-yay

This morning, I really did not want to wake up and get out of bed when my alarm rang. 6.15 just felt too early. I was balancing the pros and cons of working out... "I already worked out 3 times this week, is today necessary?", "No pains no gains. I should go.", "My legs are sort of sore ish", "Don't let your money go to waste", "The bed is so warm, I don't want to get out", "It's only one hour"... Whilst all of this was running through my head, my mind was slowly drifting off to sleep until I remembered that if it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you. And that got me out of bed at 6:40. I rushed to put on my clothes, brushed my teeth, skipped drinking my usual water, ALC and coffee and I was out of the door by 6.48 am. I arrived at 6.58 (I admit, whilst driving, I went over the speed limit a little bit...).

Workout
Warm up
Butt kicks, high knees, walking lunges and bear crawls.
10 x pvc deadlifts
10 x 6kg kettlebell swings
5 x push ups
10 x pvc sumo deadlift high pulls

In 30 minutes
50 x 20kg deadlifts
400m run
50 x push ups on knees
400m run
50 x 8kg kettlebell swings
400m run
40 x push ups on knees
400m run
25 x 15kg sumo deadlift high pulls

Cardio is hardio... I would say on average, I jogged 150-200m then walked the rest. I can't believe that I signed up for a 5km and 9km race this year... 5km in 9 days, 9km in less than 11 weeks.

--

After two hours of wandering the streets of Newtown/Enmore, my sister and I came to a decision to have lunch at The Grumpy Barista. I ordered a salad and a soy cappuccino. The salad was plated so beautifully but the coffee was eh. It was a nice cafe with a good hipster atmosphere but I probably wouldn't choose to go back due to the limited vege options available on the menu.



To end my fri-yay, my family and I are going to the cinemas to watch Terminator Genisys. All week, I had been planning on packing a tin of original Pringles to munch on during the movie but instead, i'm going to bring a box of juicy strawberries, dried apricots and gooey dates and a litre of lemon infused water *proud*.

Labels: