melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Monday, 3 August 2015, 10:25
Day 33/34/35

All weekend, I pretty much did not move from my table as i've been working hard on my Molecular Biology and Genetics assignment. It's the first 3.3% weighted assignment and I already find it so mind boggling. My brain feels literally strained from the hardships and stress. HOW AM I GOING TO SURVIVE THIS UNIT. Is passing even possible? On a brighter note... I am half way through the assignment. I'm not entirely sure that i'm doing the solutions correctly however.

Oh and I got my butt to oztag training on Sunday afternoon. I haven't been to a training session all season - that probably explains why I just keep performing worse and worse every week in the game. 2 weeks left of oztag though. I should put in the most effort that I can because I am most likely going to be taking a one-season break (or quitting overall) next season. I need time to decide whether I actually enjoy this sport in its essence or I enjoy the social opportunities and trending features that come with it. 

AAAAAAND it's Monday again.

Workout
Warm up
Foam rolled quads and lower back (felt so good)
400m row
Shoulder rolls + lunge with pvc pipe
Good mornings with pvc pipe

6 minute EMOM
5 30kg deadlifts
5 burpees over the bar

Max reps in 60 seconds
1. 30kg deadlifts [13]
2. Burpees over the bar [12]

5x(3minutes on, 1 minute off)
3 17.5kg front squats
6 8kg kettle bell swings
9 17.5kg push press
^ I completed one round with 20kgs but found that I was struggling to push press for the 9 reps so I dropped the weight. I need to focus on my form rather than the weight because I could feel the strain on my lower back trying to punch that weight over my head.

Over the weekend I forgot to prepare my breakfast and lunches of today and tomorrow so i'm planning on just bring my Quest/Clif bars as a snack and a bunch of fruits. I'll probably buy a salad from somewhere but i'm always a bit iffy about these food venues and the freshness of their salads...

This week's intention:
- Finish my MBLG calculations assignment.
- Attempt my MBLG tutorial work before the actual class.
- Be on top of my lecture notes before Saturday 6PM.