melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Friday, 14 August 2015, 20:28
Day 45/46

THU
Last night I was told that I have gotten fat and that I should eat less. At first, I was sad, very sad. I was then angry - with myself and how I let myself go like that. Then I was quite furiated with the person who told me I had gained weight. After a night's rest, I woke up feeling grateful for having that person in my life because if no one ever said anything to me, who knows.. months or years later, I could be obese. This fed my motivation throughout my workout and i'm quite proud with what I achieved. I was able to lift a little bit heavier and push myself a little bit further.

Workout
Warm up - deficit deadlifts
5x 15kg
5x 20kg
5x 25kg
5x 37.5kg

1 set every 90 seconds
6x5 37.5kg deficit deadlifts

5 rounds within 16 minutes - I finished with 13m 45s!!
12x 20kg deadlifts
9x 20kg power cleans
6x 20kg push jerks

Initially I wanted to cut out some meals (i.e. dinner and eat only half of lunch) during this workout, I realised that if I want my body to grow and lean out with muscle, I can't deprive it of its nutrients and fuel. I'd only be creating a weaker body for myself, storing fats for basic body functioning and overall ruining my health and wellbeing. I've decided to just eat cleaner.

I'm already trying to revert to my old ways of no animal by-product treats; I usually end up eating dairy icecream or chocolate out of convenience and the cheaper price. But if i'm going to want to indulge, i'm going to have to be willing to pay the price $$ for it - and quite literally.

And i've got 26 days until I can have my next cup of coffee or glass of smoothie! Having water as my only drink option does make life cheaper tbh.

FRI
I went to sleep super late and woke up at 5. Checked my crossfit's website and saw that they hadn't posted up the workout (I like to check before going) and I took that as I sign that I should skip working out today and get that extra 1-2 hours of sleep.

I also skipped my morning Molecular Biology lecture - i'm being so terrible this week!!

The corresponding lab was not too bad - we were just testing different levels of concentrations of dyes and learning to use the spectrometer. After class, a friend and I went out for dinner - we talked non stop, except for the 5 minute break that we took to reply to our partners in whom we've neglected due to our engaging conversations of our undiscovered lives LOL. It had been so long since i've hung out with someone and have not had a hanging silence.

We're very similar in personality and he gets my problems. I rarely ever talk about my problems with anyone but I met the guy two weeks ago and today was my second time talking to him so I figured why not share my dark secret lol. I didn't feel like I had to act a certain way or to a specific standard - I was just being who I was. And I know that it sounds insane to hear me say that i'm not usually myself but what I meant was that I didn't have to hold back any thoughts about studies, family, vegetarianism/veganism, past relationships, future ambitions or anything really. I could just /be/.

AND HERE'S THE REALLY GOOD BITS OF THE NIGHT:

Main meal - Suzy Spoon's Vegetarian Butcher: I had the tempeh burger and Donald grabbed the 'Spoons' burger. $12 for a big juicy burger. Definitely worth.


Dessert - Gelato Blue. I was feeling quite full but I couldn't not end my trip to Newtown without a bite of vegan icecream. I had the spiced chai and roasted almond speculoo gelato and Donald got the coconut (I warned him that it wouldn't be nice...). Mine was delicious and flavours were on point! $5 well spent indeed.


Until next time,
Maliney

Labels: