melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Sunday, 16 August 2015, 11:40
Day 47/48

SAT
I woke up just before 6.30 in the morning but stayed in bed until 8. Yesterday I planned on going to yoga but when I woke up, I decided to scrap the idea and be a potato - hence my extended time in bed LOL. After watching many Snaps, Youtube videos and Instagram vids, I decided that I should get myself to the gym and just /do/ something, you know. And that's what I did.

Workout
10 minutes on the treadmill at 6km/h

1x5 10kg front squats
1x5 15kg front squats
2x5 17.5kg front squats
3x5 20kg front squats

2x100 single skips

1x10 20kg deadlift
3x6 25kg deadlift

1x20 sit ups with 5kg weight
1x20 leg raises
1x20 straight leg sit ups with twist

10 minutes on the stationary bike

Today and tomorrow's intention is to:
  1. To get my Physiology Respiratory Prac's Introduction and Results sections done (due next Mon). 
  2. Complete my Pharmacology Research Topic Report done (due next Thu). DONE.
  3. To make some notes for my Pharmacology quiz (on next Thu).
  4. To finish my part of the Pharmacology group report (by next Tue). 
If I get all this done and dusted, I should be good to take a complete day off from uni work and spend it with my bestie who's coming down to Syd from the NT (different state)!

SUN
OUT OF OATS THIS MORNING. At first I was kind of like "oh that's alright.. i'll just have some banana icecream or an acai bowl" and after having an acai bowl, I still feel unsatisfied. So I ate crackers with peanut butter then the remaining bits of Nutella that I had. This morning's breakfast was definitely greater in amount than my usual oatmeal but it was just unsatisfying. And now i'm rethinking my whole nutrition aspect etc. My body is feeling at it's lowest.

I've been researching all morning (and have neglected my assignments), trying to find a sustainable and suitable "diet" (not trying to find a fad diet, but just to learn more about nutrition, portions etc). I came across the Zone diet. It sounds reasonable however it's negative perception of bananas is disheartening. Nonetheless, I think i'll try this diet out and see how it goes. I feel as if HCLF 2500 calories is not working for me.

I'll still be eating plantbased and trying to reach for wholefoods when I can but I don't think i'm going to eating like how I used to. And it never really occurred to me until now that pushing to over-eat is just as insane as restricting food.

Anyways, whilst being on the Zone, i'll be eating at around 10 'blocks' of eat macros (40:30:30). And after a week, I shall update on how I feel and everything!

Now let the meal prep being!!