melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 08:11
Day 49/50

MON
I feel asleep last night at around 6PM... It might have been a food coma. I woke up at midnight and thought that it wouldn't be reasonable to stay up, so I tried to fall back asleep. Some hours later - which felt like only minutes, it was 5AM. Not feeling my total best, I decided to skip the 6AM crossfit class and attend the 7AM instead.

Workout
Warm up
5x 15kg complex (below)
2x 20kg complex

EMOM: 2 front squat + clean and jerk complex
1x1 20kg complex
1x1 22.5kg complex
6x1 25kg complex (!!)

EMOM: Wall walks
6x1 As close as I could get to the wall with a 5 second hold

12 minute AMRAP [5 rounds+ 5]
10 hand-release push ups
10 ring pulls
200m run

I rx'd (is that the term that people use when they beat their max weight/rep? LOL IDEK) my push jerk! It was a little scary but yay! Anyways, I was thinking... It's much more convenient to watch lectures at home rather than in person because 1) 9AM lectures means I have to wake up at 5, 2) the lecturers talk fast and say big words and in turn, I waste time trying to write out words that I hope to search later... 3) I can watch the recorded lectures at a slower speed and also relisten to certain parts. The CONS of this idea is 1) the lecturers might mention sometimes important in person that isn't recorded - and that's what i'm afraid of. Missing out on little hints and tips for the unit! But is it really important to pass? Depends.

I'm hanging out with my bestie (Sarah - i'm going to use her name now because i'm starting to sound like kid when I continuously refer to her as my BFF LOL) on Wednesday! Eeeek i've got yoga + gym + movies + vegan food planned!!!

I am determined to better my fitness, health and general wellbeing.

TUE
Those feels when you wake up 15 minutes before your 5AM alarm...

Workout
Warm up
4x 25kg deficit deadlifts
4x 30kg deficit deadlifts

One set every 90 seconds
6x4 37.5kg deficit deadlifts

EMOM for 8 minutes
Odd: 20-30 second hanging L sit hold
Even: 30 seconds of max sit ups [15/14/13/14]

50/40/30/20/10 reps within 15 minutes. I think I was about 14m 30s. I forgot to check the time!
6kg wall balls
Single unders

In my own time (I stayed back after class):
1x4 40kg deficit deadlifts
6x4 45kg deficit deadlifts
1x4 47.5kg deficit deadlifts

Eating on the Zone plan wasn't too bad yesterday tbh. I wasn't too hungry. The only factor that was making me hungry was just my mind thinking about food but my body wasn't actually yearning for the food to function. I need to separate the idea of food being a way to treat boredom to food being fuel for my body. And as much as people like to diss crossfit, I really do enjoy it and will be continuing with it (until I can't afford to pay for it anymore HAHA).

Today WILL be productive. I will be working on my:
- PHSI report/ calculating P-values for the raw data.
- Finish off the MBLG lecture that I was watching yesterday.
- Print out my PCOL research topic and oral presentation slides + cover sheet.
- Upload PHSI respiration info onto my group page.
- Print my MBLG written assignment.
- Write up notes for PCOL quiz.
- Finish writing up the methods for the PCOL enzyme experiment and upload to group page.

I'LL BE SEEING SARAH TOMORROW. I CAN'T WAIT.

P.S. I'm scrapping the whole Zone Diet! I have no idea why I even decided to try it. Actually I do know why HOWEVER now I know that HCLF is ALWAYS the way to go!