melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 21:59
Day 51

This long-awaited day has finally come - I get to spend the whole day (of my choosing hehe) with my babe Sarah (even though it's also her last day here /sad face/)! We've been BFFs since 2009. Literally BFFs.

First up was a restorative yoga class followed by a sweaty gym session!

Workout
Warm up
1km on the treadmill

EMOM
1. 5x3 40kg back squats
2. 5x10 20kg deadlifts
3. 5x10 20kg inclined leg press
4. 5x5 17.5kg front squat + push press/jerk complex

15 minute cap: 21/15/9 reps - took me about 12.5 minutes
Push ups (on knees)
5kg medicine ball sit ups
Burpees
Jump squats

~5 minutes of foam rolling - where Sarah and I were catching up on our notifications haha. This century's social world is on the internet!

By now it was around 1PM and so we had lunch - even though I wasn't feeling too hungry. I tried a new cafe "XS Espresso" and through Instagram posts, their acai bowls have definitely improved and so I wanted to try one for myself. Unfortunately, they were out of acai smoothie packs, so I just got a berry bowl instead - it was still good! Sarah had the french toast.


We treated ourselves to a Nutella scroll. It was gooOoOd.

Next on the list was to watch Inside Out at the cinemas! I wasn't looking too forward to this movie initially as it's a cartoon and has been out for a while already - boy am I glad that I did see it! The concepts, animations and character were tip top!

Yay and this brings us to dinner and lately i've just been obsessed with Lentils As Anything at Newtown - mainly because they usually offer curry and I just LOVE curry.


Starting on the right are two dishes of an Indian Curry plate which included spinach + potato, eggplant + chickpea, dahl, rice, papadam and salad. SO. GOOD. I need more. Clockwise peeking in from the side was tom yum soup and moving up was their roast pumpkin risotto with roasted pepitas - which looked REALLY good.


I literally can't not go to Gelato Blue when in Newtown... Tonight was the "Gelato Taco" comprised of an Anzac biscuit with chocolate chip cookie gelato inbetwen and also a peanut butter and caramel popcorn shake. Mmm vegan goodness!


All in all, I really today but i'm sad to see Sarah leave back for the NT :( I can't wait until she comes back to Sydney permanently!

Labels: