melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 10:06
Day 53/54/55

Fri
My oztag team won our semi-finals game last night (yay!) - however we didn't have to earn it. The other team was disqualified for including an unregistered player. Tbh it was bad on their part and a win is a win... I really need to get my butt to training!! I want to win finals!! The furthest i've ever been was second place LOL.

I'm feeling really motivated to train for this game! I made it to the gym with the intention of playing with some weights but my muscles, particularly my hamstrings, were feeling sore. To avoid injury or a crazy amount of soreness, I only did a few movements (deadlifts, push jerks and front squats) and spent some quality time on the treadmill.

I watched Earthlings for about 20 minutes, then my heart couldn't take anymore. I wanted to be educated more in animal compassion but I just couldn't bring myself to watch the whole 70 minute video... I already don't eat animals so I figured that this video was just to strengthen the cause.

I walked 2.83km for 30 minutes on the treadmill and stopped when I was starting to feel hungry. It was 1pm by now. When I got home I REALLY wanted to eat something and almost snacked on my sister's 100%-bad-for-you brownies. But I resisted and turned to my trusty food processor and whipped myself some banana ice-cream. Note to self: 1) Don't blend yourself more than 6 bananas for nicecream because you will not finish it and 2) pre-blend the spinach!

I also attended my first arvo/night class! The atmosphere was definitely different (it was more intimidating but also motivating).

Workout
6 sets every 90 seconds
Snatch balance + overhead squat
2x1 15kg
2x1 17.5kg
2x1 20kg

3x4-minute rounds with a 1-minute rest between every set
5 overhead squats (2 rounds 17.5kg, 4 rounds 15kg)
10 box jumps
20 explosive jumps

I made it to 6 round and 2 OHS by the end of it!

Working out twice and going through one lecture + a lot of internet surfing (i.e. procrastination), I barely felt hungry. Actually I only felt hungry right before lunch. I ate dinner only because I didn't want to wait until I felt hungry later in the night. Hmm, keeping busy feels great!

Sat
No workouts lead to a high consumption in food. I definitely need to start making going to the gym a Weekend habit.

Sun
The strangest thing is that I always find the weekends to be the saddest. I feel like I always cry so much that I feel so dehydrated for the rest of the week until maybe Friday where I've had enough water re-absorption that I feel okay again then the cycle happens again.

This cycle of emotions make me feel as if i'm bipolar, which is an actual serious mental health issue that I am not diagnosed with but it's the easiest way to describe this situation.

Just feeling in a current state of isolation where there's no one to talk to. I have friends whom i'm not close enough with to share my actual problems nor do I really want to. The majority of people see me as that girl who loves life, works out, eats healthy and is always happy.

I guess I could be that girl.