melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Wednesday, 26 August 2015, 17:23
Day 58

I wasn't really planning on going to the morning class today as I usually take Wednesdays off from Crossfit. However I woke up with motivation (and also the WOD didn't look too bad...) and headed out to the box at 6AM.

Workout
12 minute to find 3RM push jerk
3x 17.5kg
3x 20kg
3x 22.5 kg
3x 25kg
I tried 27.5kg but I couldn't push the bar up... One day I will be able to!

6 minute EMOM
Strict knee-ups for for 30 second max
Reps: 20, 20, 10, 10, 15, 10

12 minute AMRAP
50 unbroken single skips
15 20kg sumo deadlift high pulls
10 20kg push jerks
Rounds: 3

I forgot to bring my gloves and I hate having to do hanging bar work without them. My skin feels SO sore, sensitive and rough now :(. My skin is so thin that I can see the blood wanting to burst out and if I had pushed a little more, maybe my skin would have ripped. Oh wells... skin sheds and soon it'll heal!

On today's agenda: I drove Khiem to his Physio appointment where after we headed to Newtown for a HUGE feed at Lentils As Anything.

I couldn't decide which dish to have so between Khiem and I, we ordered three.


Chickpea and couscous salad with a tahini dressing: this was probably my favourite dish today. The tahini dressing mixed in with all the vegetables and couscous was just SO good. I was so intrigued by the taste of couscous that I even pulled out my phone and researched about it's origin, benefits etc HAHA.
Sweet corn and asparagus fritters with an avocado dressing: this was tasteful and warming to the soul. Khiem really liked this one!
Potato curry with roti and salad: curry will always have a place in my heart tbh - especially if it's spicy potato curry, except this one wasn't spicy. Still amazing nonetheless.


And due to Khiem's bad ordering skills, we ended up with two chai teas and two juices. Here's how the miscommication went down:

Waiter: Did you want to order any drinks? Today we have the chai tea and orange, carrot and beet juice.
Khiem: We'll get one of both.
- 5 minutes later -
*Waiter comes by with 4 drinks*
*Khiem and I stare at each other*
/facepalm

.....HAHAHAHAHA. However having twice the chai was definitely fine with me because Lentils definitely has the best chai lattes! The flavour is so perfect every time. Also after the meal, I felt so stuffed. Even now, many hours after, i'm still full! And I feel a little fat... but i'm trying to be okay with it because i've only fueled up on nutritious foods today - so my body will metabolize the nutrients and I will be a-okay soon (hopefully)!

P.S. If anyone knows a good plant-based recipe for fritters, please hit me up (pref on insta). I want to learn how to make these for Khiem hehe.

Labels: