melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Thursday, 27 August 2015, 19:34
Day 59: Do It For A Purpose

Last night I turned my 5.20AM alarm off as I wanted to either 1) have a rest day or 2) go to the 7AM class. I didn't wake up feeling too sore so I made it to Crossfit. When I checked the WOD, I saw that it involved running and I was like 'ehhhhhhhh maybe I am too sore' and that's when I realised that i've been conditioning myself to let these lazy thoughts slide and it's hindering my body and therefore leaving me unsatisfied with the way I look, feel, etc. I scrapped those thoughts and was out of the house in 20 minutes.

As the class before was packing up their equipment, I was foam rolling my quads/lower back. I have a hate-love relationship with the foam roller. One of the other Crossfitters asked me how I felt about my push jerks yesterday ad complimented me on how well my form was. That was probably the best thing I've been told this week, this month, this season! I'm sooo so so happy that my technique is improving. I didn't even realise that I was able to jump under the bar as I jerked it up. I always thought I was just pulling the bar up and jumping for sake of it. This really fueled me throughout the workout.

Workout (7AM and 5PM)
6 minute EMOM
1. Pick up a 60lb Atlas Ball and throw it over the bar. I increased the amount of reps as I went.
Total: 14 (morning) and 18 (night)
2. 2x 4kg KB Turkish get ups

14 minute AMRAP
200m run
10 16kg KBS
20 air squats
Rounds: 5 (morning) and 6 (night)

I finished that last round with 2 seconds, for the morning class, to spare and 30 seconds, in the night class.

I tried working on my Molecular Biology assignment and lab book notes today, had a work meeting in the early arvo and then attended another Crossfit class at 5PM. I would normally have Oztag tonight (my Grand Finals aswell!) but it rained a lot this week and the grounds are still closed - And so the GF game was post-poned until next week!

For my second Crossfit class, I used the same weights and I was really just aiming to beat my AMRAP score. Challenge completed /tick!