melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Tuesday, 1 September 2015, 22:26
Day 64

Today's the first day of Spring (bye bye Winter!) and what better way then to treat myself to some raw vegan goodness at Sadhana Kitchen.


Khiem and I shared two dishes because I couldn't decide what I wanted! We eventually chose the Avo & Mushroom Benedict and the Stir No Fry dishes. I had a latte made with coconut mylk and Khiem had the choc-hug-in-a-mug. The coconut latte is not a favourite - the coffee taste was not pleasant, the texture was watery and having to pay $4.50 for about 150ml.. no thank you. I think i'll be sticking with my soy lattes from now and forever. The choc-hug-in-a-mug however was definitely good! But it's price... not so much. $8.50.


I've tried the Stir No Fry dish before and I really liked it. I wanted to try different dishes but I also wanted Khiem to try this dish. Stir No Fry: kelp noodles, seasonal vegetables in a delicious sesame ginger marinade, served on a bed of baby greens $17.50. I really enjoyed the flavour of this! I first tried it with my cousin a few months back and she commented how she didn't like that the dish was cold - Khiem said the same thing. I don't think they have grasped the idea of raw foods just yet.

Next in line was the Avo & Mushroom Benedict: Black salt and sesame encrusted "eggs" with marinated mushrooms, coconut "bacon", onion bread and hollandaise sauce. $17.50. I've been seeing this everywhere on Insta and I JUST had to try it! I've never been a fan of original Benedict dishes nor have I tried it... So the flavours did not taste familiar to me. In saying this, the flavours were however tasteful and flavourful. I very much enjoyed the avocado and bread. The coconut bacon was nice too! But after having a couple mouthfuls.. I just didn't want to eat it anymore. The flavour did get very meaty and that sort of put me off it... I gave up meat for a reason, you know?

After lunch was a short walk to Cown & Moon to end the day out with ice-cream (as always).


Khiem got double mango sorbet (as always) and I tried their rosewater gelato and affogato - the affogato was sooOoOoOOO good and I wish they made a vegan version of it. Cow & Moon have amazing gelato here. Just look at smooth the texture is! And the flavours are 100x better than it looks! $5 for two scoops.

Which reminds me... Along with a new month/season brings some new goals. So this month, i'll be working on:
- Less eating out! Max twice a week.
- No dairy ice-cream or chocolate.
- No progress photos; just until my head moves back into a better place than it is now..

Oh and I also got my butt to the gym this morning (that was hard mental work!):
Workout
Warm up
5 minutes treadmill at 6kph

HIIT treadmill
11x 30s on/off at 12 kph
14 minutes treadmill at 6kph

Tabata 30s on/off for 5 founds of each movement
Air squats
Push ups
Modified hollow hold
Sit ups

Labels: