melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 13:12
Day 82

Ooh yes, I just had an amazing brunch at Circa Espresso, Paramatta. The food was on point - presentation and taste-wise. This cute little cafe is about a 5-10 minute walk from the main shopping centre/ train station, making it a very convenient weekend brunch spot. There was a short wait when I got there and we waited about 15 minutes for the food to come out after we had ordered. Considering the business of the place, the beauty of presentation and the taste of the food, the waiting time isn't too bad and I definitely would love to come back for more.

 My sister and cousin ordered two dishes to share: 1) the Ottoman eggs and 2) the French toast.
1) The Ottoman eggs - poached free range eggs with crumbed eggplant, garlic labneh, burnt chilli and sage butter served with a seeded sourdough. I'm not much of an egg-eater but the form of the poached egg seemed to be on point. This was one of the most popular dishes ordered (observed) so it must be good, right? ($17).
2) The French toast - with poached rhubarb, brulee banana, fresh berries, labneh, cinnamon, spiced honey syrup and crushed pistachio. I only had a little piece of this to try it. It was nice but I probably wouldn't be ordering it the next time I come! My sister found it to be extremely sweet and preferred the eggs over this dish ($17).

I ordered the 'farro, brown rice and quinoa spiced porridge with ginger poached pear, dates almond and coconut milk'. This was the only dish on the menu. I would get this again as it was soo warming and comforting and I really enjoyed the mixed flavours of coconut, ginger and spices ($13).

For the drinks, my cousin and I ordered a soy flat white ($4.50) and my sister had some chai tea ($6) - they (maybe) home-brewed tea was a bit too weak in spiced flavour for my liking. 

All in all, the presentation was SO beautiful and I definitely feel inspired to up my game in porridge presentation. I am also tempted in finding and buying some microherbs for that extra colour and texture in my breakfast bowls lol. This cafe certainly lived up to its Instagram fame and I recommend this restaurant to those wanting to have a fancy brunch for a decent price.

I'll be heading out to Hurricanes for dinner to celebrate my Sister's birthday (for the third time). Pictures will be up tomorrow! P.S. MY 9KM IS ALSO TOMORROW. EEEEK SCARED AND EXCITED AT THE SAME TIME. 

Labels: