melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 16:30
Day 83

I ran my first 9KM race and timed 57 minutes! I'm extremely pleased with my time as I actually thought it was going to take me around an hour and a half to finish! I probably could have achieved a lower time if I had known that the finishing line was so close... I actually didn't start sprinting until I was about 400 metres from the end.


After the race, my sister, Khiem and I refueled at the Devon cafe in Surry Hills. We were seated under artificial lighting on a communal table. Boo.


I started with an oreo cronut which was filled with a chocolate custard. I wouldn't get this (or any other cronut in general) again - only because I think I just don't enjoy cronuts and would very much prefer to save my stomach space for something else. $9.


My main was the "Aphrodite's bowl" which was a warm rice pudding with rose, pistachio, fig jam and freeze dried fruits. It was sweet and creamy however the rich flavour made the last few bites a bit difficult to down. $15.


I paired my meal with their specialty matcha latte - on soy, of course, and well, for a specialty drink... It wasn't that special. The flavour was mild with no attractive zing to it. $4.


My sister (top dish) ordered the 'Breakfast with the Sakuma's": miso grilled king salmon, smoked eel croquette, 63' egg, radish petit salad and kewpi mayonnaise. $25.

To the left was Khiem's dish - "lamb sandwich": slow cooked lamb, garlic confit, cheese, roasted capsicum, spinach, aioli with chips. $20.

They ordered cold press juices in which i've forgotton the flavours. $8 each.


Would I come here again? Maybe not.

Labels: