melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 09:39
Day 84/85/86

MON
Three and a half months left until 2016... Say whaaaat.

Workout
1 set every 90 seconds
8x4 37.5kg back squats

WOD 16 minutes (i.e. 4 rounds)
400m run every 4 minutes
In the remaining time, AMRAP:
1) 8 burpees over bar
2) 5 25kg front squats
Rounds: 3 (maybe 4.. I lost count but I told my coach 3, so i'm going to record 3)

When my coach asked me if I was coming in tomorrow and I replied "eh maybe, i'll see if I can get out of bed" - THAT WAS WHEN I REALISED THAT I HAVE THE WORST ATTITUDE. However, internally, I do want to come in tomorrow and I feel like my body can. I think I say these negative things due to badly formed habits and i'm just more comfortable responding to routine. I want a better attitude. I will have a better attitude.

------

Dinner was with Sarah and Khiem at one of the Loving Hut franchises and they provided as very pleasant mock meat experience. We may have also ordered a bit too much for our stomachs to handle so we had to get some of the food taken away. Which is all cool because i'm going to try to trick my brother into eating the salt and pepper "squid" hehehehe.


Appetizers: 'Prawn' dumplings ($8), samosas ($6) and curry puffs ($6).



Salt and pepper squid. I quite liked this one! It wasn't too salty (though I did know that they included a lot of salts in it as I totally bloated and retained water the day after). The texture of the 'squid' was pretty darn close to the real thing - it's just a little less chewy, which made it 10x better in my opinion. ($10)


"Queen Rice". I have no idea what's included in this but from what I taste, I think it was a fried rice with bbq "pork" and corn. ($16). 


Soy chicken. This tasted just like chicken - it was a bit freaky. However I enjoyed how the texture was a bit more gamey than actual chicken - it reassured me that I wasn't consuming meat LOL. ($10). 


Satay tofu!! Most probably my favourite dish. The flavours were perf and I would definitely be getting this again when I come back! ($10). 

We also bought an avocado shake (bad idea as it filled me up real quick) ($6), a basil seed drink ($4) and coconut jelly ($3) for dessert.

TUE
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

WED
I woke up naturally at 5:30 this morning as I went to bed the night before at 9:30. I felt energetic! Well at least more than yesterday.

Workout
1 set every 90 seconds for 6 sets
1x5 20kg bench press
1x5 22.5kg bench pres
1x3 25kg bench press
2x5 25kg bench press
1x5 27.5kg bench press
* Superset with 2 negative push ups after each set

Max reps with starting weight
8x 20kg bench press

6 min EMOM
15 sec hollow hold

WOD 3x4min rounds with 1 min rest
10x 6kg med ball cleans
10x Step ups
10x Ring pulls
Rounds: 6 full + 15

My Crossfit gym is now offering 'weightlifting Wednesday' which will be a one-hour session for us to work on our skills for any type of lifting. Should I start going to these? It's at 7PM.. pretty late. But practice does make permanent.

Labels: , , ,