melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 15:51
Day 189-191

MON:
Rain rain go awayyyyyyy.
No CrossFit today.
I admit, I was lazy.

TUE:
Woke up at 5 and it was raining insanely. Decided to skip crossfit for the day.
The rain stopped at around 530, the guilt of not working out grew... And so I got out of bed at 615 and got ready to sweat it out!

7am workout:
10MIN EMOM
Odd minute-
3x5 32.5kg push jerk
1x3 32.5kg push jerk
1x5 30kg push jerk
Even minute-
Max calories on AirDyne

WOD: 10MIN AMRAP
15 22.5KG power snatches
15 lateral burpees
15 kipping HSPU (ab mat + blue plate)
Rounds: 1+36

I'm a little disappointed in the WOD with 22.5kg. I felt like it would have been okay to drop the weight down... It wasn't. I feel like I didn't gain much from all the sweat and heavy breathing.

I got caught up on being afraid of growing bulky and less feminine. I got caught up on the score that I get to add to the board. I forgot the real reason why I workout; it's not to impress those who don't particularly matter to me. It's not to show off a high score. It's to gain strength. To grow confident. To become strong. And to do that, I will need to oush myself.

If I stay on the same weights (or go lighter), I will stay the same. "If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you".

WED: 
7am workout:
10 MIN EMOM
Odd - max 37.5kg deadlifts (~13 each round)
Even - 30s active hold from bar (to practice for pull ups; keeping core tight and legs straight)

WOD: 12 MIN AMRAP
10 25kg Overhead Squats
15 box jumps
Rounds: 3 + 14

I woke up feeling yuck. I haven't felt yuck on a while but I guess it's from eating all the processed foods over the past week! A little hiccup in my progress isn't going to bring me back to where I started. I need to just stick to the plan, track my foods, stick to 'healthy' choices and train hard!

I'm going to take this week to work on getting back into training routine; 6am workout + pull up skills after class for 30 mins, then 7pm workout. I REALLY want to get strong. I REALLY want to stop being afraid of the bar... I need to stop overthinking the movements and just move!

Labels: , ,