melonrouge
Maliney

21 | VEGAN | AUS
A collection of my workouts and occasionally food
Instagram

2016 OPENS
FOOD ADVENTURES
RECIPES
HIKES

Movements

BACK SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CLEAN
DEAD LIFT
FRONT SQUAT
HSPU
OVERHEAD SQUAT
PULL UP
SHOULDER TO OVERHEAD
SNATCH
THRUSTER


Archives
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016

Friday, 15 January 2016, 14:43
Day 200

Got home close to midnight and fell right asleep. My alarm at 5am came too soon and I woke up with a headache, mostly caused from dehydration and tiredness. I made the decision to skip CrossFit this morning. I woke up feeling renewed and went straight to breakfast after downing a bottle of water.

Here was yesterday's lunch at Youeni Foodstore. The food was average in my opinion. The price was a bit expensive too.


I'm not sure what Jack had but it was some savoury dish. I got the 'life extending' bowl ($15.90) which included a salad of roasted pumpkin (there was one piece of pumpkin...), tumeric chickpeas, black turtle beans, cauliflower, beetroot, carrot, broccoli, tumeric chickpea puree, roasted garlic, citrus cashew relish, lemon and olive oil. Sarah had their 'pumpkin pie buckwheat' pancake ($16.90) which consisted of spiced cashew 'ricotta', stewed rhubarb, oven roasted apple, banana, coconut, seed mix, coconut syrup and 'crunchy stuff'. It looked really good!


Sarah and Jack got the Green Smoothie ($7.50) made of green juice, banana, chia, wheat grass and spirulina. I got an iced soy chai latte ($6). The chai flavour was milk and my drink wasn't cold despite it having ice in it. I would not get this choice again.

After lunch we went shopping and I bought a pair of blue high rise jeans AND I SERIOUSLY LOVE THEM. I bought a whole outfit ($50) which I wore out at night LOL. I was too excited to have new pieces that I just HAD to wear them ASAP.

For dinner, I went out with a friend to Hari's Vegetarian in Broadway. He chose two dishes and I chose one. I liked the dish that I chose the least :(


Chinese Bhel - crispy fried noodles with carrot, cucumber, tomato and capsicum in a sweet and sour sauce. I liked this the best. Light and delicious. Would get again!

Chunky Soya in Butter Lemon Sauce - chunky soya served with sweet and sour butter lemon sauce. I really liked this one except it did start to feel heavy after a few pieces of soya. Tasted similar to chicken. I would get this again if I came where with a bigger group.

Gravy Noodles - stir fried noodles, cabbage, carrot, bean sprout, capsicum, soft tofu in clear corn flour gravy. I chose this one and the flavour was plain. I did not like this much.

This vegan feast was great. The night was great.

Labels: